- I got a decent amount of writing done today, on the Air Element. About 1,000 words. I’m not sure about the quality, but at this stage the thing is just to forge on, and then to edit and rewrite later.
- Discovered the word "usufructuary," meaning someone who benefits by using something that belongs to others.
- Glenn Greenwald asks a powerful question: "Did Sam Alito’s ethnic background influence how he voted in Ricci? Why isn’t this question asked?"
- I’ve been following the Sotomayor confirmation hearings. I wonder if the entire week will be spent trying to make Ricci into a "reverse discrimination" case that it never was and talking about "wise latinas"?
- It seems I’m number 14 on William Harryman’s top 10 list of Buddhists to follow on Twitter. I don’t understand it either, but I’m flattered nonetheless.
- I must just mention that Maia (my two-year-old) had her first dry night. She’s been out of diapers during the day for a few weeks now, but this is the first time she’s gone the night in a diaper and not needed to use it.
- Malkias is still a very, very happy little boy. And he’s started eating mashed bananas. This photo is from dinner time tonight.